Not sure what else to say, I guess. I just figured I would update whoever still reads this since I mentioned in my last post that he wasn't expected to make it much longer.
It's been a long couple of weeks.
1. What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before?
I have quite the list.
-Visited Chattanooga, TN
-[TMI]Had sex on a moving train[/TMI]
-Went on a diet (it was not a good time)
-Caught my stovetop on fire (briefly)
-Read my poetry to a group of my friends
-Admitted to my family that I was suicidal as a teenager
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I made like eight resolutions and partially kept one of them. But I'll still make more for 2015.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not this year. I mean, a few people I know, but no one I'm really close to.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
None because I'm too poor to have a passport let alone use one.
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
More self-motivation. Some free time would be nice, too. And money.
7. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Well I mean, I got married on May 16 so that's a given.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Graduating, I would say. =)
9. What was your biggest failure?
Aside from all of my New Year's Resolutions that I failed to keep? Nothing I can think of off the top of my head. The fact that I think I only read like twenty books is pretty sad.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Um. The wedding and honeymoon, I suppose. I know that's not really technically a purchase, but.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I don't think it's vain to say it: Mine. I did a lot this year, I overcame a lot, I kicked 2014's ass even though parts of it have really sucked. My husband's, too, for being strong in the face of some family emergencies and for doing everything he's doing to move forward in life and get closer to his goals.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled?
14. Where did most of your money go?
The wedding, haha. (That's going to come up a lot.)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Stuff I've already mentioned, mostly--the wedding, graduation. Also my first ever train ride, and every new step in development that my best friend's son takes because I adore that baby.
16. What song will always remind you of 2014?
I don't know if there's a song that will remind me of the whole year, but there are a few songs that will remind me of specific things ("I Believe in a Thing Called Love" will always remind me of the wedding, for example).
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier, I think. More stressed, but happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? About the same.
iii. richer or poorer? Also about the same (which is pretty poor).
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Visiting my family and my BFF. Also reading for leisure.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying. As usual.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
My husband will be working Christmas Eve and after that we'll head down and spend a day or two with my parents. Open gifts, have a nice home-cooked meal, that kind of stuff.
22. Did you fall in love in 2013?
Do I really want to be cheesy and say that I'm always falling in love with my husband all over again? ...Nah, I'd rather not.
23. How many one-night stands?
None, of course.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
I was introduced to Game of Thrones this year, so probably that. Though I admit I'm also loving Girl Meets World. >.>
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Not that I can think of. I mean, I've lost respect for a few people, but I wouldn't say "hate."
26. What was the best book you read?
Ooh. Tough call. Okay, setting aside re-reads of my old favorites...Man, that's tough. I'm going to go with "No Matter the Wreckage," a book of Sarah Kay's poetry. Because I can't possibly pick my favorite novel of the year.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
LET'S START A WAR. START A NUCLEAR WAR. AT THE GAY BAR, GAY BAR, GAY BAR! (I don't know why I still can't get enough of that song.)
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I haven't seen the last installment of The Hobbit yet so I guess for now I'll go with Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Okay, I had to dig up my journal entry from my birthday to remember. I turned 25 (okay, I could remember that part on my own). Apparently that was the day I went to the DMV to change my name on my licence, and then my husband, roommate, and I went to the American Burger Bar where I got a free cupcake milkshake because it was my birthday.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More books, less stress.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014?
Nonexistent as ever.
34. What kept you sane?
My husband and my mom, for the most part, except for brief moments when they were the source of my insanity.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Natalie Dormer. NATALIE DORMER. Natalie Dormer okay?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Well I finally kind of woke up to issues with cops repeatedly killing unarmed black people and found out how racist a lot of people I know are so I guess I'll go with that.
37. Who did you miss?
My BFF and her son because I hardly ever see them and my husband's family because I REALLY hardly ever see them.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Probably someone on the campus literary magazine. Those people are fantastic.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014:
You don't have to know how to do something before you dive in.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
DO YOU HAVE ANY MONEY?
I WANNA SPEND ALL YOUR MONEY
AT THE GAY BAR, GAY BAR, GAY BAR
(Actually the gay bar in town closed down this year which was very sad. I never even really got to hang out there.)